Home Burst Training Series – Workout #1
Burst Training has taken the fitness world by storm because of its ability to burn a large amount of calories in a far shorter amount of time than traditional exercising. Burst Training is ideal for individuals with busy schedules who don’t always have the time for a long arduous workouts. Luckily, for those of you that do have busy schedules, burst training offers the same advantages of long exercise sessions but in a fraction of the time.
Below I am going to break down Workout #1 of our Home Burst Training Series. This particular burst workout should take you approximately 10 minutes to perform and will burn major calories in the process. Be on the lookout for more custom burst training exercises to come from our Home Burst Training Series!
Burst Training Workout #1
Complete 4 bursts of 60 seconds each.
- The first exercise movement consists of running in place at a vigorous speed for approximately 20 seconds.
- Follow this up with 5 fast squat thrusts (AKA: 4 count Burpees) with a high jump after each squat thrust.
- Return to quickly running in place for approximately 10 seconds.
- Next do 12 jumping jacks and return to fast pace running in place for the remainder of the 60 second period.
- Check your pulse. We recommend the carotid pulse, however any location will suffice for this. Keep in mind that the goal here is to get to at least 80%-85% of your Maximum Heart Rate. Your specific heart rate numbers are easily attainable.
- Rest for approximately 2 minutes.
- Continue to repeat the steps for this 60 second Burst Training workout until you have completed a total of 4 Bursts with brief 2 minute rest periods in between.
*Note: If you want to push yourself even further, try repeating the burst training cycle one additional time, all the way through.
We look forward to providing you all with more easy to do, heart pumping, burst training exercises. Additionally, we would love to hear your feedback, so let us know how this particular workout goes for you. Check back soon for Workout #2 in the Home Burst Training Series.
Sweet Home Gym Success